Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/05/23 04:05:15 UTC

Blow your mind...

Gang,
I just came to think about something that should really blow our minds.

$ mkdir MindBlower
$ cd MindBlower
$ yo polygene --import=application-generator.json --noPrompt
$ ./gradlew assemble run

I think we should add enough support in the yeoman generator to also be
able to copy supporting files. Then the above application generator JSON
model could create the application generator as a web application, and be
launched in front of your eyes.

Then, via the browser have a funky UI that creates Layers, Modules and
Composites, hit Generator and out comes (or auto-deployed to cloud) a
ready-to-deploy application, by the application-generator calling the
yeoman generator.

Huh? Again!!
1. polygene generator (yeoman-based) generates application generator
2. user interact with application generator via browser to localhost
3. application generator uses polygene generator to generate custom
application

Cool, heh??

I think that only a single relatively small feature is needed in polygene
generator to enable this;

*  Allow the JSON to reference files (relative to itself) that should be
copied, allowing the destination to be packageDir relative, and that those
files are template files.
.
And additional NICE to have feature would be that --import search for
files, for instance inside a templates/ directory of the SDK or perhaps on
NPM Registry according to some name space rules.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer