Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by hrm montaz <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 19:47:28 UTC

Evaluation Syncope: have a question

Hi,

We have started looking into Syncope to evaluate it for our
authorization/authentication use.
One thing that we need is to generate Auth Tokens from our Authentication
server and use that for the various systems that talk to each other.
I don't see a way to return an Auth token from Syncope.
Is this feature available?

Thanks,
HRM

Re: Evaluation Syncope: have a question

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 18/lug/2012, alle ore 19.47, hrm montaz ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> We have started looking into Syncope to evaluate it for our
> authorization/authentication use.
> One thing that we need is to generate Auth Tokens from our Authentication
> server and use that for the various systems that talk to each other.
> I don't see a way to return an Auth token from Syncope.
> Is this feature available?

Hi,
unfortunately this feature is not available yet.
Since we have scheduled a review of the current authentication mechanism (take a look at [1]) we should be able to return an auth token in the future.

However, if this feature is absolutely needed urgently you can try to implement somethings in your overlay.
Please, give me more details about your requirements and architecture and I will try to suggest you the quickest solution from my point of view; further, your requirements can help us to better define tasks for [1].

Best regards,
F.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Roadmap#Roadmap-3.0.0%28Maggiore%29