Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sri Sankaran <Sr...@sas.com> on 2004/07/14 20:42:06 UTC

Cycle detected error during plugin:install since rc4

Using: Maven 1.0

When I try to do a plugin:install, I get the following error

com.werken.werkz.CyclicGoalChainException: A cycle has been detected from the initial goal [plugin]

I understand what this is saying, however, has anything changed in the implementation since rc3?  The reason I ask is that this problem shows up only in rc4 and 1.0.  I am able to do a plugin:install using Maven1.0rc3.

Sri

Re: Cycle detected error during plugin:install since rc4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It was changed a little so that jar:jar was a prereqs rather than an
attained goal. I don't see how this would be cause. Do you have a
maven.xml with your plugin that you are trying to install and does it
customise anything?

- Brett