Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Daniel Brownell <db...@htaconsulting.com> on 2005/10/12 23:57:39 UTC

faulty number-rows-spanned?

Hi there,

I looked back thru to Jan 2004 and couldn't find this question, so I will ask it.

This template match below is meant to print out two rows per student, where the first 2 columns use number-rows-spanned="2", and the second 2 have two rows.

My problem is that under the very last row of each page, i get an ugly half-row (an extra blank 2 rows under the columns that use number-rows-spanned="2").

Yes, surrounded this with a table & body.  It's not an empty student element that's messing it up.  AntennaHouse draws it correctly, so it must be a FOP row-span issue.

Can anyone please help me?
Thanks
Daniel Brownell

<xsl:template match="student">

  <fo:table-row>
    <xsl:attribute name="border-style">solid</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="border-width">1pt</xsl:attribute>

    <fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="2" text-align="left" border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
       <fo:block>
         <xsl:value-of select="@lastName"/>
      </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>

    <fo:table-cell number-rows-spanned="2" text-align="left" border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
       <fo:block>
         <xsl:value-of select="@firstName"/>
      </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>

    <fo:table-cell border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
       <fo:block/>
    </fo:table-cell>
    <fo:table-cell border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
       <fo:block/>
    </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>

  <fo:table-row>
    <xsl:attribute name="border-style">solid</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="border-width">1pt</xsl:attribute>

    <fo:table-cell border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
      <fo:block/>
    </fo:table-cell>
    <fo:table-cell border-width="1pt" border-style="solid">
      <fo:block/>
    </fo:table-cell>

  </fo:table-row>

</xsl:template>

Re: faulty number-rows-spanned?

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Daniel:
Excuse my laziness, but could you post some sample XML so I can easily try
this.
Thanks,
Lou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOG-NET, Inc.
The Logistics Network Management System
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
230 Half Mile Road
Third Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701
PH: 732-758-6800
FAX: 732-747-7497
http://www.LOG-NET.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED
Unless otherwise indicated or if obvious from the nature of the content,
the information contained herein is privileged and confidential
information/work product. The communication is intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this transmission is
not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any
notify the sender immediately by telephone (732-758-6800) or by electronic
mail (postmaster@LOG-NET.com), and destroy any copies, electronic, paper
or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.  Thank you.

"Daniel Brownell" <db...@htaconsulting.com> wrote on 10/12/2005
17:57:39: