Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/31 14:02:49 UTC

Apache Ignite tickets with empty description & dev list references

Hi Igniters,

I would like to ask everyone in the Community to fill ticket decsription.
Without it ticket is almost always incomplete and it is unclear for all
community members, why this change was done. Moreover it is unlear why
Ignite comitters accepts such changes.

Also please link ticket to dev.list dicsusions (if any). You can find your
topic in http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/ and insert
link using More->Link->Web Link and insert particular post URL there.

Please make sure you've covered
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

I would be happy to answer any questions related to contribution, and any
feedback, as always, is welcomed.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Apache Ignite tickets with empty description & dev list references

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitriy, Yakov, thank you for your support.

I think if I have an odd hour I will create wiki describing how to create
good ticket.

Igniters,

BTW I found one more way to refer to dev list threads (in addition to
nabble): https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@ignite.apache.org

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Completely agree. When filing a ticket, we must all understand that we are
asking the community to work on it. Without a clear description nobody will
be able to pick up the ticket.

D.