Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Tim Smith <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/08 21:39:06 UTC

Re: Spark REST Job server feedback?

I am curious too - any comparison between the two. Looks like one is
Datastax sponsored and the other is Cloudera. Other than that, any
major/core differences in design/approach?

Thanks,

Tim

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Ramirez Quetzal <ramirezquetzal81@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Anyone has feedback on using Hue / Spark Job Server REST servers?
>

> http://gethue.com/how-to-use-the-livy-spark-rest-job-server-for-interactive-spark/
>
> https://github.com/spark-jobserver/spark-jobserver
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Rami

Tim

Re: Spark REST Job server feedback?

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Very good question. From
http://gethue.com/new-notebook-application-for-spark-sql/

"Use Livy Spark Job Server from the Hue master repository instead of CDH
(it is currently much more advanced): see build & start the latest Livy
<https://github.com/cloudera/hue/tree/master/apps/spark/java#welcome-to-livy-the-rest-spark-server>
"

Although that post is from April 2015, not sure if it's still accurate.

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Deenar Toraskar <deenar.toraskar@gmail.com

Posted by Deenar Toraskar <de...@gmail.com>.