Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kanagha <er...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/12 21:36:30 UTC

Running kafka connector application

Hi,

I'm running the TwitterProducer task as per
https://github.com/Eneco/kafka-connect-twitter

connect-standalone <path>/connect-source-standalone.properties
<path>/twitter-source.properties

I see that I have to set the CLASSPATH to include all the dependent jars
that the target connector jar is dependent on. This method wouldn't be
robust if the version changes in pom.xml

Is there an easier approach to run the standlone connect application?

Thanks
Kanagha

Kanagha

Re: Running kafka connector application

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Kanagha,

I'm not sure about that particular connector, but normally the build script
would provide support for collecting the necessary dependencies. Then all
you need to do is add something like /path/to/connector-and-deps/* to your
classpath and it shouldn't be affected by versions in the pom.xml, you'd
just rebuild to pull in the new dependencies. For example, Confluent's
connectors are all setup so if you build with mvn package, it'll include
directories with all the dependency jars included.

-Ewen

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Kanagha <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm running the TwitterProducer task as per
> https://github.com/Eneco/kafka-connect-twitter
>
> connect-standalone <path>/connect-source-standalone.properties
> <path>/twitter-source.properties
>
> I see that I have to set the CLASSPATH to include all the dependent jars
> that the target connector jar is dependent on. This method wouldn't be
> robust if the version changes in pom.xml
>
> Is there an easier approach to run the standlone connect application?
>

> Thanks
> Kanagha
>

> Kanagha

Ewen