Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohan T <Mo...@ramco.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/18 03:34:21 UTC

Issue in tomcat start

Dear All,

We are using tomcat 8.5 on suse linux.

We have two environments where in one the issue tomcat starts without any errors and in thro there is issue while starting.

Working
Not working
Server number:         8.5.35.0
OS Name:               Windows 10
OS Version:            10.0
Architecture:          amd64
JVM Version:           1.8.0_241-b07
JVM Vendor:            Oracle Corporation
Server number:         8.5.x
OS Name:               Linux
OS Version:            3.10.0-1160.66.1.el7.x86_64
Architecture:          amd64
Java Home:             /local/web/java/jre1.8.0_162
JVM Version:           1.8.0_162-b12
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-8020"]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 755 ms
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service [Catalina]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.5.35
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["https-jsse-nio2-169.21.198.159-8082"]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.5.35
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine:
c.r.saml.samldemo.ServletInitializer     : Starting ServletInitializer v0.0.1-SNAPSHOT using Java 1.8.0_241 on
c.r.saml.samldemo.ServletInitializer     : No active profile set, falling back to 1 default profile: "default"
w.s.c.ServletWebServerApplicationContext : Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 819 ms
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextInitializer]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextInitializer]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
              at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1348)
              at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForClassLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1336)
              at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1195)
              at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1156)

Some of the observations.

  1.  In not working there seems to only one port that opens up. The ajp port information is not there .

Any inputs on this  would be  of great help as we have not are clueless on to why the same set of artifacts works in one server and not in other

Kindly help.

Thanks

Mohan
DISCLAIMER: This communication contains information which is confidential and the copyright of Ramco Systems Ltd, its subsidiaries or a third party ("Ramco"). This email may also contain legally privileged information. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.This email is intended to be read or used by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited without the express written approval of Ramco. Please delete and destroy all copies and email Ramco at Legal@ramco.com immediately. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Ramco. Except as required by law, Ramco does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please forward this communication to marketing@ramco.com and express your wish not to receive such communications henceforth.

AW: Issue in tomcat start

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello Mohan,
It looks more like a spring topic. During start Spring scans for classes of type WebApplicationInitializer and can't find that class.
Either the class/jar is missing or it is skipped during scanning.
Check whether a jarscanner is configured to skip jars or if all jars/classes are within the deployed package
Greetings, Thomas

--
Shekhar
simplysekhar@gmail.com