Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Adam Szmigin <ad...@xsco.net> on 2020/04/27 12:10:11 UTC

C# - Appetite for breaking changes to public API?

Dear team,

I am keen to work on a number of the tickets relating to the C#
implementation for Apache Arrow.

Quite a few of the open tickets relate to making breaking changes to the
public API (e.g. ARROW-7757, ARROW-8581, likely ARROW-6603 as well).
What is the general appetite for making breaking changes to the C# code
in its present state?

The README.md hints at the C# implementation being alpha-grade at
present, so I assume all ok, but I would like to check opinions from the
devs before I embark on any PRs.

Many thanks,

--
Adam Szmigin