Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Muhammad Aamir <ma...@aamir.pk> on 2009/04/03 10:15:04 UTC

Re: How to do Shipment for Sales Order

Actually there is no Action box at all. Also I cannot receive more payments
(the link is not there), it means payment is fully received. Also I can see
an accounting transaction (Incoming Payment) (Cash debit, A/R credit).

Regarding my general note about rollback. I had figured out that I had to
define some GL accounts mapping etc. But my point was that if a transaction
is rolled back, it should be completely rolled back. In my case GL
transaction was rolled back  but payment was received. (if GL transaction
was rolled back payment receival should also be rolled back). In this way
the data integerety is lost because payment received and GL transaction
couldn't be generated (for whatever reason).

Regards
Muhammad Aamir

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> As Sharan explained, looks like you did not enter the rigth amount, maybe
> because of a separator issue ?
>

> Jacques
>
> From: "Muhammad Aamir" <ma...@aamir.pk>
>
>> Thanks a lot for replying.
>>
>> I tried what you said. However, when I tried to receive the payment and
>> entered the amount as cash and pressed save button, it gave me following
>> error:
>>
>> Failed to create Payment: Cannot get the ProductStore for the order header
>>
>> I clicked the back button and review the Sales order. Product store was
>> there in the header, and I noticed the following in the Payment History
>> box:
>>
>> A new line in status history: Received - 2009-03-29 18:24:47.106   By -
>> [admin]
>>
>> and
>>
>> Max Amount: 10.00 Max Amount: 1000 [Received]
>>
>> Also, there is not accounting transaction or invoice created after that.
>>
>> Regards
>> Muhammad Aamir
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Muhammad
>>>
>>> The default OFBiz Sales Order process is based on the customer paying you
>>> before you ship the products. This means that normally for a standard
>>> Sales
>>> Order the 'Quick Ship Entire Order' button will not be  displayed in the
>>> action box until you have flagged that you have received the payment from
>>> the customer.
>>>
>>> (Note: There are some cases where the button is displayed but you need to
>>> have setup an billing agreement in OFBiz for that customer.)
>>>

>>> Why dont you try this test:
>>>
>>> 1. Create a Sales Order
>>> 2. Approve the Sales Order
>>> 3. Press the 'Receive Payment' button on the Sales Order Screen
>>> 4. Enter that you have received the full Sales Order amount in Cash

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
POS channel is used in orders created by POS application. These orders
don't need manipulation from order manager application, that's why
action buttons are hidden.
You can set any other channel for your orders.

Bilgin

Posted by Muhammad Aamir <ma...@aamir.pk>.