Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Carmine Gargiulo <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 15:03:23 UTC

send very many mails

Hi,

i have a webapp that sends 1 mail where bcc has more of 1000 mails.

My question: James supports this heavy-work?

I must use some particular technique to send the email or more email
with blocks of email-addresses?

Karmyne

Re: send very many mails

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> My question: James supports this heavy-work?
Yes.

> I must use some particular technique to send the email or more email
> with blocks of email-addresses?

Try it out, you may get better results with blocks, or you may get
better results with all in one message.

d.

R: send very many mails

Posted by Salvatore Orlando <sa...@unina.it>.
It does not depend on James, but on the capabilities of the machine hosting
it and on the configuration of the underlying JVM. Anyway it does not seem
to be a consistent workload. I performed several stressing tests with James,
(3.2 Ghz dual XEON, JVM 1.5.0_06 server with Xmx=512m, James 2.3.0rc2), and
it was capable of handling more than 1.500 mail/min from a single client
(avg mail size= 40 KB)
If you are minded to test how james behaves under serious load, you can use
postage, a load generator specific for james.

Bye,
Salvatore