Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.com> on 2013/08/19 10:19:34 UTC

change node types

Hi,

I've created a custom name space and some node types with the super type mix:versionable. Having mix:versionable as a super type is not a good idea, because all nodes of this type will get a version history at their creation which costs repository space and write performance (the better solution would be to add mix:versionable if needed).

Now I want to change the node type and can't find a proper solution to do so. Removing the mix:versionable super type is a major change (NodeTypeDefDiff), which is reasonable cause the existing nodes do know about mix:versionable only about their primary node type. Rebuilding the complete repository isn't an option either.
If I register a completely new node type, then I have to consider this in all queries like "Select * from nt:base where jcr:primaryType = 'myApp:nodeType' or jcr:primaryType = 'myApp:newNodeType'.

Is their a better solution for this, like adding a common node type as super type for both the new and the old node type? (which don't seem to work)

Kind regards, Robert

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Robert Seidel, Software Infrastructure, Senior Professional
--
AEB GmbH
D-23552 Lübeck, Kanalstraße 62-64

RE: change node types

Posted by Michael Sucena <ms...@maned.com>.
Robert:

Is Node.removeMixin("mix:versionable") of any use to you for this problem?

Sincerely,
Michael P. Sucena
MEI Software Engineer
610 Old York Rd.
Suite:  250
Jenkintown, PA  19046
Phone:  215-886-5662 x281
Fax:  215-886-5681
msucena@maned.com

Have you seen Nervous Pixel, MEI's creative services division?
www.nervouspixel.com