Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br> on 2007/08/22 18:59:52 UTC

[T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Hi all,

I'm having an annoying problem with my pages in IE6. It doesn't happen
with firefox.
When the page has auto-links, sometimes it doesn't refresh when the link
is clicked.
The state before the click continues to be shown in the browser, in
despite of the postback. I have to hit the refresh button to view the
new state of the page. It even happens with the pager of the Grid
component.
I already inject all may pages with

<META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL"></META>
<META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA"></META>

Anybody else has notice that? Is there something else I might try to
solve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm not familiar with that kind of caching.   Almost sounds like a
proxy could be sitting between you and the content - being overzealous
in caching..

I guess a header or similar things could be done of course to
eliminate this - at least until it's time to start doing perf
optimizations.

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Gabriel Lozano <gh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
On 8/24/07, Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br> wrote:
> With auto-links I wanted to say "links to the same page".
> For example, when the user clicks the link, a condition for an if is
> met, rendering a block.
> With IE, instead of the new state of the page, it shows the same state
> before the click.
> I will be foreced to break the logic in several pages, instead of using
> if and blocks...
> In the case below, doesn't  the date interfere with the URL?

What is an auto-link? What layer are your "if" conditions in? The
javascript? tapestry template? Can you provide a snippet of code for
the links that don't work?

Appending date to your url is a pretty common cache-busting technique,
how could it interfere with the url? Just ignore it in your code...

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br>.

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> I don't know what an "auto link" is - but if you are creating ajax
> requests then you have to do something stupid like:
>
> // pseudo javascript
> var url = "url";
> url += new Date();
>
> Otherwise ie will see the same url and not bother to make the request.
>  (a premature optimization I guess)
>
> On 8/22/07, Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having an annoying problem with my pages in IE6. It doesn't happen
>> with firefox.
>> When the page has auto-links, sometimes it doesn't refresh when the link
>> is clicked.
>> The state before the click continues to be shown in the browser, in
>> despite of the postback. I have to hit the refresh button to view the
>> new state of the page. It even happens with the pager of the Grid
>> component.
>> I already inject all may pages with
>>
>> <META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL"></META>
>> <META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA"></META>
>>
>> Anybody else has notice that? Is there something else I might try to
>> solve this issue?
>>
>> Thanks.

Siddhartha Argollo
Técnico Judiciário
TRE-BA
slargollo@tre-ba.gov.br

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [T5.0.5] Caching and IE6

Posted by Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br>.
That's the problem. The meta tag isn't  working...

Gabriel Lozano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have had the same problem. I have a page for managing the items in a list
> (select list). But when i go to the page where the list is I have to hit the
> refresh button. By the way, does the meta content worked? Hope to see a good
> solution for this!!.
>
> 2007/8/22, Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having an annoying problem with my pages in IE6. It doesn't happen
>> with firefox.
>> When the page has auto-links, sometimes it doesn't refresh when the link
>> is clicked.
>> The state before the click continues to be shown in the browser, in
>> despite of the postback. I have to hit the refresh button to view the
>> new state of the page. It even happens with the pager of the Grid
>> component.
>> I already inject all may pages with
>>
>> <META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL"></META>
>> <META CONTENT="NO-CACHE" HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA"></META>
>>
>> Anybody else has notice that? Is there something else I might try to
>> solve this issue?
>>
>> Thanks.

Siddhartha Argollo
Técnico Judiciário