Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2015/09/26 05:42:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.0.0

Hello Folks,

The Apache Open Climate Workbench community is pleased to announce the
1.0.0 release! This release addresses no less than 52 issues, bugs, and
improvements. For a full breakdown of the work packaged into this release
please see the release report <http://s.apache.org/release_climate>.

What is it?

Apache Open Climate Workbench is an effort to develop software that
performs climate model evaluation using model outputs from a variety of
different sources the Earth System Grid Federation <http://esgf.llnl.gov/>,
the Coordinated Regional Climate Downscaling Experiment
<http://www.cordex.org>, the U.S. National Climate Assessment
<http://nca2014.globalchange.gov/> and the North American Regional Climate
Change Assessment Program <http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/> and
temporal/spatial scales with remote sensing data from NASA
<http://www.nasa.gov>, NOAA <http://www.noaa.gov/> and other agencies. The
toolkit includes capabilities for rebinning, metrics computation and
visualization.

Whats in the Release?

Some important features this release packs include statistical downscaling
capabilities such as Delta Method, Quantile Mapping and Quantile
Regression, configuration driven evaluation improvements, better plot
support to config based evaluations and a brand new module to calculate
area mean and standard deviation with given subregion information. We urge
all users to upgrade to this version immediately. Please let us know how
you are using OCW over on the community mailing lists
<http://climate.apache.org/community/mailing-lists.html>. Finally, please
see our 1.1 Roadmap <http://s.apache.org/1.1roadmap> for an idea of the
next line of development.

Where can I get it?

Our downloads page

http://climate.apache.org/downloads.html

Thank you

Lewis

(On behalf of the OCW PMC)

http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

      Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 V.P ||
Apache OODT PMC
           Apache Open Climate Workbench PMC || Apache Tika PMC || Apache TAC
    Apache Usergrid || Apache HTrace (incubating) || Apache CommonsRDF
(incubating)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.0.0

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Hi Lewis

I checked the downloads but non of the mirrors have the main release just
the rc1. Is that the mirrors being slow or something else?

Tom

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Lewis!

Martin

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 10:54:49 -0700
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.0.0
From: lewismc@apache.org
To: mgainty@hotmail.com
CC: dev@climate.apache.org; announce@apache.org

Hi Martin,
Fixed. Thank you.
Lewis

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey Lewis

http://www.us.apache.org/dist/climate/1.0.0/climate-1.0.0.zip
404

is US down for the count?

Please advise,
Martin Gainty

Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 20:42:55 -0700
From: lewismc@apache.org
To: dev@climate.apache.org; announce@apache.org

Hello Folks,

The Apache Open Climate Workbench community is pleased to announce the 1.0.0 release!
      This release addresses no less than 52 issues, bugs, and improvements. For a full
      breakdown of the work packaged into this release please see the
      release report.

What is it?

Apache Open Climate Workbench is an effort to develop software
      that performs climate model evaluation using model outputs from a variety of
      different sources the Earth System Grid Federation,
      the Coordinated Regional Climate Downscaling Experiment,
      the U.S. National Climate Assessment
      and the North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program
      and temporal/spatial scales with remote sensing data from NASA,
      NOAA and other agencies. The toolkit includes capabilities for rebinning, metrics computation and
      visualization.

Whats in the Release?
Some important features this release packs include statistical downscaling capabilities
      such as Delta Method, Quantile Mapping and Quantile Regression, configuration driven evaluation improvements,
      better plot support to config based evaluations and a brand new module to calculate area mean and standard
      deviation with given subregion information. We urge all users to upgrade to this version immediately. Please let us
      know how you are using OCW over on the
      community mailing lists. Finally, please see our 1.1 Roadmap for an idea of

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Lewis