Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by pat hanford <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2020/04/27 00:02:45 UTC

doc vs docx

A company wants me to submit an article in docx form. I can not save an article in docx only doc. Is there an update?

Re: doc vs docx

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
On the development list, we discuss modern MS Office Formats from time
to time. And we have multiple Ideas on how we could improve the issue.

But currently the Discussions are maybe more a bundle of Ideas then a
real plan. I believe this topic will get more attention after we have
finally managed to release 4.2.0.

This my personal personal position and is not an aligned development list.

This does not help you much, but maybe it is nice to have some
impressions from the dev perspective.

Re: doc vs docx

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Imho you have a wide choice on Tools, if you need MS Support:

# WPS Office

# Free Office (Free Variant of Softmaker Office)

# G Suite from Google
<https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-microsoft-office-alternatives/#no1>

# Neo Office

# iWorks (Mac only)

The Market is rich on Solutions.

And most of them have also support for ODT Format.

Some you have to pay, others are Free.

AFAIK the quality varies, you should inform yourself.

Re: doc vs docx

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: doc vs docx

Posted by "Davy Elias -davyintermediary@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.