Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/02 23:30:34 UTC

Re: Secondary Development about ApacheDS

Rocky,

It looks like you want an LDAP Virtual Directory.  You can custom code one
with ApacheDS by implementing the right classes.  Depending on the
complexity of what you are trying to do you can look at MyVirtualDirectory
(my own project) which uses ApacheDS as the LDAP front end or you can look
at some of the virtualization/proxy capabilities in OpenLDAP and OpenDJ.

What is the "Other Server" going to be?  a database or web service?

Thanks
Marc