Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Nick Betteridge <n....@syntactics.com> on 2002/08/22 19:38:28 UTC

ElementEditAs

Hi

I posted to the user list about ElementEditAS/NodeEditAS/DocumentEditAS
regarding implementation, got no reply and I suspect that either this
will be done a little later or I've totally missed the point.

I'm trying to find an elegant way of adding to a dom using a schema and
after reading the apis and looking through the source, I can't think of
/ find any other way of doing this other than traversing schema grammers
each time I want to insert at a random point in the dom - is this
correct?

Sincere apologies for posting here instead of the user list - my wife is
a week away from giving birth and I would like to get this small editor
finished. I swear it's true.

Cheers
Nick

Re: ElementEditAs

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Nick,

Nick Betteridge wrote:
> I posted to the user list about ElementEditAS/NodeEditAS/DocumentEditAS
> regarding implementation, got no reply and I suspect that either this
> will be done a little later or I've totally missed the point.

We (committers) don't have any plans for now to implement the interfaces
you mention.

If you have time to investigate and implement it, let us know and we can
discuss the details and concerns we have about adding this functionality
to Xerces.

We do support revalidation of DOM in memory (with XML Schema grammar)
[1] -- so if you don't care about performance of your editor, you can
use it.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-j-dev&m=102321785222662&w=2

Good Luck,
--