Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ian Blizard <bu...@samsungcontact.com> on 2002/10/10 13:51:45 UTC

Classnotfound when running ./build.sh docs

Hi all.

I'm interested in helping with/contributing to the Forrest project,
however I cannot seem to generate the documents from the build.sh script
I always encounter this error:

Setup... done.

Initializing... ready, let's go :-)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces

Which is a shame.

Everything seems to run A.O.K using the deployed Forrest.war in Tomcat.

I'm using jdk1.4.0_02 and ant 1.5.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any more news on acorn?  This looked really handy if I just wanted to
create my own site...

-Buzz.

Re: Classnotfound when running ./build.sh docs

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 12:51:45PM +0100, Ian Blizard wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm interested in helping with/contributing to the Forrest project,
> however I cannot seem to generate the documents from the build.sh script
> I always encounter this error:
>
> Setup... done.
>
> Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces

Hmm.. you don't have a Xerces lurking in your JDK lib/ext or lib/endorsed
(?) directories?

It would be helpful to see the output of running Ant with '-v' (verbose)
to see exactly what the classpath for Forrest is.

> Which is a shame.
>
> Everything seems to run A.O.K using the deployed Forrest.war in Tomcat.
>
> I'm using jdk1.4.0_02 and ant 1.5.1
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Any more news on acorn?  This looked really handy if I just wanted to
> create my own site...

As of this afternoon, acorn-like functionality is part of the default
build. To get a new site, you'd do:

~/xml-forrest$ ./build.sh dist
~/xml-forrest$ export PATH=$PATH:`pwd`/build/dist/shbat/bin
~/xml-forrest$ cd /tmp
/tmp$ mkdir mysite
/tmp$ cd mysite
/tmp/mysite$ forrest.sh seed     # Creates a template project
/tmp/mysite$ forrest.sh          # Creates does for the new site

--Jeff

Posted by Ian Blizard <bu...@samsungcontact.com>.
Interesting, changing jdk to 1.3 made the errors fade away.

expect big things.

-Buzz.

Re: Using local skins with forrest.sh

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 01:39:44AM +1000, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get forrest.sh to take in a local skinname parameter?
>
> Yes, but you've caught us halfway through two systems that means it can't
> be done the 'official' way (in the sitemap, we went from @skin@ tokens to
> {defaults:foo} parameters).
>
> The temporary hack is to:
>
>  - copy xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap into your project's
>    src/documentation directory, and replace all references to
>    '{defaults:skin}' with '@skin@'.

I should add that you can actually put sitemap.xmap anywhere you want, as
long as you define the 'project.sitemap' property in forrest.properties
to point to it.

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:11:57PM +0100, Ian Blizard wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have created my own project, using:
>
> forrest.sh seed
>

> and I have created my own skins dir in:
>
> $PROJECT_HOME/src/skins/<my-skin>

Traditionally, new skins go in src/documentation/skins, and this is where
they're looked for by default. To change this, you'll need to create a
'forrest.properties' file in your project root, with the entry:

project.skins-dir=src/skins

There are a bunch of other project.* properties that must be defined if
one's project deviates from the default Forrest layout. These are defined
in xml-forrest/forrest.build.xml.

> Is there anyway to get forrest.sh to take in a local skinname parameter?

Yes, but you've caught us halfway through two systems that means it can't
be done the 'official' way (in the sitemap, we went from @skin@ tokens to
{defaults:foo} parameters).

The temporary hack is to:

 - copy xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap into your project's
   src/documentation directory, and replace all references to
   '{defaults:skin}' with '@skin@'.
 - Add the line 'project.skin=<my-skin>' to forrest.properties, where
   <my-skin> is the name of the skin directory.

With this change, forrest.build.xml will replace all @skin@ tokens with
the value of ${project.skin}.

--Jeff