Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 09:22:00 UTC

How to start contribution in HBase

Hi,

I have started looking at HBase since last month. Spent whole in
understanding Hbase internals like hows its has been built , what are
different components etc.  i primarily used
"HBase.The.Definitive.Guide.pdf" and Hbase page to understand the things.

I am looking for some contribution to Hbase, and how to get started on
that.

Can you please help me on this. like
 - how to get started ?
 - What are areas where i can look into ?
 - etc.

I have already subscribed  for users, dev and issues mailing list.
And also Hbase source code import in my eclipse. Able to run/debug Hbase at
my local machine.

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Regards
Sanjiv Singh
Mob :  +091 9990-447-339

Re: How to start contribution in HBase

Posted by "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mikhail for the help .
 will take help from these.

Regards
Sanjiv Singh
Mob :  +091 9990-447-339

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjiv,

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#developer is a good start, it has
information on how to build hbase form source, describes test harness
structure and how to run the tests, and the procedure on how to format and
submit patches for review.

Also, there a label in Apache jira called "beginner" (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20beginner), which
is used to mark the jiras supposedly suitable for guys to start playing
with.

Thanks,
Mikhail

> +1
> thank u very much!
>

> At 2014-08-29 03:22:00, "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have started looking at HBase since last month. Spent whole in
> >understanding Hbase internals like hows its has been built , what are
> >different components etc.  i primarily used
> >"HBase.The.Definitive.Guide.pdf" and Hbase page to understand the things.
> >

> >I am looking for some contribution to Hbase, and how to get started on
> >that.
> >
> >Can you please help me on this. like
> > - how to get started ?
> > - What are areas where i can look into ?
> > - etc.
> >
> >I have already subscribed  for users, dev and issues mailing list.
> >And also Hbase source code import in my eclipse. Able to run/debug Hbase
> at
> >my local machine.
> >

> >Any help is highly appreciated!!
> >
> >Regards