Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Daniel H. Hoyle" <dh...@aol.com> on 2007/05/09 16:27:51 UTC

Roller Installation Problems.

While trying to install Roller on a Debian Linux box, I seem to get through
setting up the first user and logging into Roller, however, trying to create
my first web log fails.  The attached files are as follows:

1.	roller_configuration.txt contains my system configuration and many
of the modifications made during Roller configuration.
2.	roler.log-after-startup.txt contains a Roller log after starting
Tomcat, but before getting the exception.
3.	roler.log-after-exception.txt contains the Roller lag after the
exception.

I would appreciate your help in getting me through this.

Thanks,

Dan Hoyle

Re: Roller Installation Problems.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/07, Sam Neth <sa...@onthefly.com> wrote:
> The Sun JVM leaks memory when you hot deploy apps, so I run Roller 3.1
> on Tomcat 6 with BEA Jrockit instead.  So far I'm very happy with the
> results.

I'm glad to hear that. I believe BEA is a Java licensee and JRocket
passes all of the TCK tests -- that's Roller works fine with JRocket.

- Dave

Re: Roller Installation Problems.

Posted by Sam Neth <sa...@onthefly.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.