Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brewster, Richard" <ri...@pqa.com> on 2008/01/09 23:58:28 UTC

Maven bypassing declarations?

We have set up Artifactory at our company and the only references in
<repositories> refer to Artifactory.  Yet Maven seems to go around
Artificatory for some artifacts.  When building up a clean, empty local
repository, some artifacts are found that are not cached in Artifactory.
How can this be happening?  Some examples:

Downloading:
http://maven.openqa.org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15/135/bcprov-jdk15-135.j
ar
Downloading:
http://maven.openqa.org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15/135/bcprov-jdk15-135.p
om
Downloading:
http://maven.openqa.org/org/codehaus/mojo/mojo/15/mojo-15.pom
Downloading:
http://maven.openqa.org/org/openqa/selenium/core/selenium-core/0.8.3/sel
enium-core-0.8.3.jar
Downloading:
http://maven.openqa.org/org/openqa/selenium/core/selenium-core/0.8.3/sel
enium-core-0.8.3.pom

Richard Brewster
Senior Associate
Perrin Quarles Associates
richardbrewster@pqa.com
(434) 817-2640

Re: Maven bypassing declarations?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked mvn help:effective-pom and help:effective-settings?
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/usage.html

Wayne

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 9, 2008 3:58 PM, Brewster, Richard <ri...@pqa.com> wrote:
> We have set up Artifactory at our company and the only references in
> <repositories> refer to Artifactory.  Yet Maven seems to go around
> Artificatory for some artifacts.  When building up a clean, empty local
> repository, some artifacts are found that are not cached in Artifactory.
> How can this be happening?  Some examples:

Your dependencies can introduce additional repositories to your build.
 Consider using mirrors, and <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> to catch any extra
repositories that might show up.

Also, some things (like 'mvn archetype:create') do not "see" your
settings file unless there is a pom.xml file present.

--
Wendy

RE: Maven bypassing declarations?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Probably because some dependency you are using has added a repository
(maven.openqa.org). This is why we suggest that putting repos into poms
is not a good idea.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
Because the default repository "central" is always a repository. This
one can only be overridden by a mirror section in your settings.xml.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk