Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Mithun Radhakrishnan <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/25 00:45:34 UTC

Re: Hive 1.2

Hey, Sush. Thanks for volunteering, sir.
Sorry for my tardy response. There are a few JIRAs I was hoping to get into this release:
1. HIVE-9674: DropPartitionEvent to support partition-sets. (Reviewed.)2. HIVE-9681: HiveAuthProvider to handle partition-sets. (Yet to be reviewed.)3. HIVE-9736: Batching name-node calls in SBAP. (Reviewed. Will post latest patch incorporating fixes.)
Bug-fixes:
4. HIVE-10250: AuthPreEventListener to reuse TableWrapper: Needs correction after review/test-fail.5. HIVE-10213: DynPartitioning with HCatalog fails with M/R.6. HIVE-9845: HCatSplits are huge because of repeated data.
The bug-fixes are good to go later, I guess. I'm close to finishing up on #3. How long do I have?
Mithun

     On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:21 PM, Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com> wrote:

 +1
Thanks for volunteering Sushanth!

Re: Hive 1.2

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mithun,

I've added the lot into the wiki. I would suggest that we try to
rebase/review/get them in by about wednesday at the latest, which
means they might not get into RC0, but should be in RC1 after.