Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 2004/06/08 12:20:47 UTC

Re: DNSBL accuracy using -firsttrusted

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

> Yes, well, the existence of forwarders is a major problem for doing
> -firsttrusted as a test.  I would advise extending trust to them.

This isn't feasible for site-wide installations of SpamAssassin like mine
(more than 30,000 users). Academic users use forwarding a lot because they
move around so much.

--
Tony Finch  <do...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/

Re: DNSBL accuracy using -firsttrusted

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> writes:

> This isn't feasible for site-wide installations of SpamAssassin like
> mine (more than 30,000 users). Academic users use forwarding a lot
> because they move around so much.

In the end, I used "-notfirsthop" logic for those DNSBL tests I modified
which is close to or better than "-firsttrusted" in terms of results, but
doesn't suffer the same loss of hits when mail is relayed or forwarded.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/