Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com> on 2010/04/30 00:50:59 UTC

OpenCMIS release check list

Hi,

At the face-to-face meeting we gave us two weeks for the discussed changes and then start the release process. It's about time now.

Let's see where we are:

- code formatting ... done (?)
- PagingList refactoring ... done (?)
- new server SPI ... done
- local binding implementation ... done
- query parser integration ... done (?)
- extract type manager ... not started yet
- adapt basic documentation ... started, but still a lot to do
- web site update (as source of the documentation to be packaged) ... not started yet
- retire the old code streams and provide migration hints ... not done

Based on this, what's our timeline and who does what and when?
I sign up for the documentation adjustments.

Cheers,

Florian

RE: OpenCMIS release check list

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
I like C) best.
What else has to be discussed regarding this refactoring task?

- Florian

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
Hi Paul, hi Gabriele,

I like the general idea that Paul laid out. (I haven't looked into all the details yet.)
A nice version of the Confluence Wiki should become the main Chemistry web site. But we also have to export the Confluence content to SVN when we cut the OpenCMIS release since this should become the documentation that we want to ship. So we need the Doxia import as well.

- Florian

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Paul,

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
There is a description how to do it here: [1]
I guess it's a bit different for incubator web sites, though.

Florian

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusetheautoexportsiteaspartofourmainwebsite%3F

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi,

> - Generating the OpenCMIS JavaDoc: Should be done via Hudson ([6]).

Ok, I will handle this.

Stephan

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM, David Caruana
<da...@alfresco.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com> wrote:
>> - PagingList refactoring ... done (?)
>
> Initial scope of refactor is done. But there's another round of refactor todo after mailing list discussion. Don't know who's assigned to do that - either myself or Stephan?

I'd also like to play with it; in the comparable cases I've worked on
before all the methods were on the iterable, not the iterator. The
advantage of this is that the iterable is always available, whereas
the iterator is often hidden, in Java 5, behind foreach loop syntax.
And you have one less interface (you use the standard Iterator). The
implementations of that pattern that I've seen implement both Iterable
and Iterator on the same class — it means that you cannot ask for a
second independent iterator for the iterable, but that's a use case
I've yet to see.
I'll make a proposal in a branch when I find the time.

>> - extract type manager ... not started yet

I have this in my pipeline, but couldn't get around to do it yet :(
Maybe this afternoon if I'm lucky.

>> - web site update (as source of the documentation to be packaged) ... not started yet
>
> I can now confirm that Alfresco can provide someone to design/provide a skin for the web site.

I have to commit the logos I showed you, what would be the best
location? Somewhere in src/site?

>> - retire the old code streams and provide migration hints ... not done
>
> There are at least two projects we should pull out of the old code streams into sub-projects (the TCK, and the Abdera extension). I'll pull those out.
>
> I'll update the JIRA issues to reflect the above.

Florent

Posted by David Caruana <da...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Florian Müller wrote:
> Based on this, what's our timeline and who does what and when?
> I sign up for the documentation adjustments.

Don't forget the giant incubator document on releases:
 	http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

There a few bits from there that I think you might still need to do.
Writing your own release management documentation is one, and stubbing out
the "what's changed" stuff ready for the release after are two things that
spring to mind

Nick