Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/07/16 15:04:46 UTC

RE: Apache->Tomcat Howto?

There are really only 2 ways: AJP and WARP.  If you want apache to serve
static content, than there is only 1 way at this time, as far as I know:
AJP.

You will want mod_jk as your connector.  You could try mod_jk2, but mod_jk
seems to be the most stable right now.

Depending on your choice of versions (you will want apache 2.0.39 if you are
going with apache 2), this link might help:
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/index

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com
http://www.aas.com

Posted by Paul landolt <la...@royalsys.com>.
Problem with most of the information out there is that it deals with connecting
4.0.x with Apache, not 4.1.x. The Coyote JK2 connector is the preferred method
with 4.1.x (jk has be deprecated in favour of jk2).

Aside from Andrew Conrad's comments, there seems to be little documentation to be
found regarding the topic

    ...Paul

Re: Apache->Tomcat Howto?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.
Also check out ubeans.com/tomcat

If you want Apache to do static content, you don't want to use the
HTTP/webapp connectors.  the HTTP connector is really for stand-alone
operation.  While webapp may eventually be the best solution, it
currently doesn't allow Apache to handle static content.  I highly
recommend going with mod_jk.

Regards,

EB