Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bennett Haselton <be...@peacefire.org> on 2006/05/06 23:29:12 UTC

[users@httpd] ab crashes on some nph scripts with double newlines

ab lists "Copyright (c) 1998-2002 The Apache Software Foundation" in the
output so I hope that's the right place to send bugs even if it's not part
of Apache proper.  And http://httpd.apache.org/bug_report.html says to send
bugs to this list first before reporting them.

I am using "ApacheBench, Version 2.0.40-dev <$Revision: 1.116 $>
apache-2.0".  When I run it on an nph script that contains two newlines in
the output, it crashes with "segmentation fault":

ab -c 1 -n 1
http://www.peacefire.org/nph-print-content.cgi?content=Hello+World%0a%0a

However if there's only a single newline in the output, it doesn't crash:
ab -c 1 -n 1
http://www.peacefire.org/nph-print-content.cgi?content=Hello+World%0a

Also, if it's not an nph script, then it doesn't crash, even if there are
two newlines in the output:
ab -c 1 -n 1
http://www.peacefire.org/print-content.cgi?content=Hello+World%0a%0a

Let me know if I should report this, thanks.

	-Bennett

bennett@peacefire.org     http://www.peacefire.org
(425) 497 9002