Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Douglas Santos <do...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/30 13:44:22 UTC

nodetools, available commands

Hi all,
We are writing an article for a magazine and would like to write about
monitoring, more precisely on the nodetools, but did not find many things
about the tool.
I want to help or a brief explanation about nodetools commands ...

Available commands: ring, info, cleanup, compact, cfstats, snapshot
[snapshotname], clearsnapshot, tpstats, flush, drain, repair,
decommission, move, loadbalance, removetoken

tks,
Douglas Paulino dos Santos

Re: nodetools, available commands

Posted by Douglas Santos <do...@gmail.com>.
sorry, I was supposed to have sent to user@cassandra.apache.org, corrected.

Posted by Rob Coli <rc...@digg.com>.
On 4/30/10 4:47 AM, Douglas Santos wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are writing an article for a magazine and would like to write about
> monitoring, more precisely on the nodetools, but did not find many
> things about the tool.
> I want to help or a brief explanation about nodetools commands ...
>
> Available commands: ring, info, cleanup, compact, cfstats, snapshot
> [snapshotname], clearsnapshot, tpstats, flush, drain, repair,
> decommission, move, loadbalance, removetoken

Most of these commands access the JMX interface.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/JmxInterface

The Jmx Interface page is not currently 100% complete or current, but
that page plus some basic reading of the nodetool code and examination
of the Jmx Interface via jconsole should answer most of your questions
about nodetool.

=Rob

nodetools, available commands