Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/12/27 01:29:21 UTC

Now available: Apache OpenOffice Announcement List

The Apache OpenOffice Project Management Committee is pleased to
announce the availability of our new Announcement mailing list.  This
is a low-volume list which will be used to announce the availability
of OpenOffice betas and releases, to issue security bulletins, and to
report similar relevant information.  This is not a discussion list.
It will be used only for authoritative announcements regarding Apache
OpenOffice.

We encourage all OpenOffice users and other interested parties to
subscribe to this list by following these steps:

1) Send an email to:   ooo-announce-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

2) Wait a few minutes and then check your inbox for a confirmation email.

3) Respond to the confirmation email

(If you ever want to unsubscribe, send an email to:
confirmation email.)

More information on this list, and other Apache OpenOffice project
lists can be found here:

-Rob

Re: Now available: Apache OpenOffice Announcement List

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-12-26 6:29 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> The Apache OpenOffice Project Management Committee is pleased to
>> announce the availability of our new Announcement mailing list.
>

> Will this new list be available through Gmane?

Initially, no.   But if there is interest enough for someone to
volunteer to set this up, then it is certainly possible.

-Rob

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2011/12/27 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> If someone can repost to the user forums, and to any other relevant
> lists, that would give it greater reach.

It's already there: on the English, Spanish and Italian forums... ;)

Cheers
Ricardo

Re: Now available: Apache OpenOffice Announcement List

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
FYI.  This was bcc'ed to:  ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org,
ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org, ooo-users@incubator.apache.org,
users@openoffice.org, discuss@openoffice.org and dev@openoffice.org,

If someone can repost to the user forums, and to any other relevant
lists, that would give it greater reach.

I'll work on a blog post as well.

Could we also feature it someplace prominent on the www.openoffice.org website?

-Rob

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I just subscribed and everything worked.

You may need to check your spam or junk mail folder for the echo message.

Also, the spam filter at the list service may have dropped your request for some reason.  Check for a bounce message of some sort.

And yes, try again.

The response might not be immediate for some reason.

 - Dennis

Last night I sent a blank e-mail to the address to subscribe but I didn't receive any confirmation mail.

Should I resend?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.