Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/12/13 15:22:15 UTC

[Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Hi gang,

I believe that use of a wiki-style system [1] can be a great way to do
collaborative work, prototyping, etc. I think avalon could really
benefit from using a wiki.

Do y'all agree?

If so, perhaps we can talk about what system we'd like  (SubWiki,
PHPWiki, TWiki, JSPWiki....), where (figure out whether ASF-hosting is
workable), how to cooperate on this with other apache projects (Turbine
is in the process of getting a wiki up and running on an apache
machine), etc.

have a nice weekend,

- Leo

[1] - http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/WikiWikiWeb

Re: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo Simons wrote:

>Hi gang,
>
>I believe that use of a wiki-style system [1] can be a great way to do
>collaborative work, prototyping, etc. I think avalon could really
>benefit from using a wiki.
>
>Do y'all agree?

+1

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I believe that use of a wiki-style system [1] can be a great way to do
> collaborative work, prototyping, etc. I think avalon could really
> benefit from using a wiki.
>
> Do y'all agree?

Based on the *enormous* success we had using it for Cocoon, I can only
agree to the full.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com>.
> From: Leo Simons [mailto:leosimons@apache.org]
>
> Hi gang,
>
> I believe that use of a wiki-style system [1] can be a great way to do
> collaborative work, prototyping, etc. I think avalon could really
> benefit from using a wiki.
>
> Do y'all agree?

Yep.  +1.

> If so, perhaps we can talk about what system we'd like  (SubWiki,
> PHPWiki, TWiki, JSPWiki....), where (figure out whether ASF-hosting is
> workable), how to cooperate on this with other apache
> projects (Turbine
> is in the process of getting a wiki up and running on an apache
> machine), etc.

Not having any experience with any one of them, here is a list
of requirements:

* Stable.  We can't have it crashing, now can we?

* Doesn't wipe out the contents occasionally.

* Hostable at Apache, or some other locale friendly to us.

If SF.net has Wiki available, we can use the Avalonia
project there to host the Wiki--but someone sited that
as violating point 2.  If Turbine is successful at
getting SubWiki on an Apache machine, that would work
for me as well.

Re: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 09:22  AM, Leo Simons wrote:
> Do y'all agree?
>
> If so, perhaps we can talk about what system we'd like  (SubWiki,
> PHPWiki, TWiki, JSPWiki....), where (figure out whether ASF-hosting is
> workable), how to cooperate on this with other apache projects (Turbine
> is in the process of getting a wiki up and running on an apache
> machine), etc.

+1 !!

I have experience with TWiki. Its versioning and ability to view diffs
between revisions is very nice.
-pete

RE: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.

+1 good idea.

RE: [Proposal:Procedure] an avalon wiki

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Leo,

If you want to march over to community@ and/or infrastructure@, and start
pushing for a wiki, I'll be right behind you.  I want one for James, too.
But Nicola indicates that there may be some issues at the moment.

	--- Noel