Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com> on 2015/02/17 20:02:26 UTC

Android packaging signed archive - Gradle vs Ant

Gradle and Ant build systems both require a properties file to specify release signing parameters. However, the key names for Gradle are Cordova-specific and they are not the same as the one used in Ant:

Gradle:
storeFile=..\\..\\android.keystore
storePassword=android
keyAlias=nikhilkh
keyPassword=password

Ant:
key.store=..\\..\\android.keystore
key.alias=nikhilkh
key.store.password=android
key.alias.password=password

I'm considering unifying the key names - changing the gradle ones to be the same as Ant. This will help in an easier implementation of this JIRA:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8483

Let me know if you see issues with this. I will shortly send out a PR for this.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: Android packaging signed archive - Gradle vs Ant

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Added logic to look for "debug-signing.properties" and
"release-signing.properties".

Also made it accept ant-style keys, although I hope most will move to the
gradle style.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Sorry for the slow reply :(.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mefire O." <om...@microsoft.com>.
+1 to reunification.

Thanks,
Mefire

--
Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera
IBM Software Engineer

Re: Android packaging signed archive - Gradle vs Ant

Posted by Victor Sosa <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera
IBM Software Engineer