Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/07/07 18:34:42 UTC

2.2a1 TDK

Hi,

There is a 2.2a1 TDK available now.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/release/2.2a1/

The TDK sample app is working and Flux has been updated to
work with the changes but I still consider this alpha because
the docs aren't done (I have 6 pages outlining changes and why, and
probably another 10 to go), the API isn't complete, and this
WILL NOT work with 2.1 apps so don't even try.

What is in this TDK has not been pushed into CVS yet because
I'm going to take tomorrow and try to get Scarab working with
it before I do. This is simply to get the changes out in some form for
people to look at and comment.

I have a big list of issues and topics for discussion, and this
document will probably be pretty long when it's done. I'm going
to try and finish it on Monday.

Some quick notes though:

o ECS has been removed from the modules
o There is now a single set of modules
  TemplatePage
  TemplateLayout
  TemplateNavigation
  TemplateScreen

  and these will eventually work with all the templating engines,
  all the template engine specific code has been pushed back
  into the the template engine service itself. This requires
  more work and has only been tested with velocity. I will get
  WebMacro and FreeMarker back up to being first class citizens
  because it should be easy with the new abstract templating engine
  code.

o I have started making a little API consisting of packages in
  the org.apache.turbine package. Right now there are:

  org.apache.turbine.RunData
  org.apache.turbine.TemplateAction
  org.apache.turbine.TemplateContext
  org.apache.turbine.TemplateScreen

  and eventually all the most widely used classes will be placed here.
  At some point for all the we can have factories and pool all of these
  highly used classes.

This is really just the start but it's moving quicky. I hope that within
two weeks the API will be a lot more cohesive and the application service
and the policy service will be in place.

Just wanted to get something up for people to look because I said I would
put something up yesterday. Be patient.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: 2.2a1 TDK

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 7/9/01 8:01 PM, "Age Mooy" <am...@home.nl> wrote:

> This might be a slightly unrelated question, but I've been wondering about
> this for a while. Why does the
> tdk/server directory contain 5 jar files (catalina.jar etc.) that are mirrored
> in the tdk/server/lib directory
> ?
> The filenames are the same but some of the file sizes are not. These 5 jar
> files are not in the Tomcat 4.0b5
> release. Even weirder is the presence of two competing versions of the
> jakarta-rexexp jar file in the
> tdk/server/lib directory... also not in the Tomcat beta releases.
>
> Do these jar files have a special purpose or is this a mistake in the tdk
> build files ?

It's my weirdo build system. I just keep forgetting to clean it up.

RE: 2.2a1 TDK

Posted by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl>.