Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2015/09/11 21:31:18 UTC

TestReconfiguration issues

Hi Ioannis,

TestReconfiguration seems flakey. I’ve take a stab at it but it fails intermittently on my machine and on Jenkins. Can you review it please?

https://builds.apache.org/job/Curator-3.0/27/console

-Jordan

Re: TestReconfiguration issues

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
You said you didn’t know when you could get to it. So, I fixed the issues (and some others I found). See:

https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/109 <https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/109>

and

https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/108 <https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/108>

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
When do you think you can get to it? It’s holding up the Curator 3.0 release.

-Jordan

On September 23, 2015 at 11:07:07 AM, Ioannis Canellos (iocanel@gmail.com) wrote:

I haven't found the cycles to try it out.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
Any update on this?

-JZ

On September 17, 2015 at 1:55:39 AM, Ioannis Canellos (iocanel@gmail.com) wrote:

On each step we wait for the reconfiguration event and then we assert that the connection string is the expected one.

It seems that we never get a TimeoutException but sometimes the assertion fails. That makes me believe that we may get false events (an event fired without the connection string being really changed).

I'll look closer asap!

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll have a look asap!

Sorry for the late response! All mails that are going to the dev list will skip my inbox and go to their own folder!

--
Ioannis Canellos

Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
Twitter: iocanel

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.
Trying from a different address.

Ioannis. Please reply.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Jordan Zimmerman