Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Matthew Ling <ml...@ucalgary.ca> on 2002/07/03 22:01:20 UTC

Performance degradation when switching to Xalan 2.3.1

Hi,
      My application average response time has increased 4 times when I
switch from an unknown version of Xalan to Xalan version 2.3.1.  I need
to make the switch because my application is experiencing
NullPointerException in the object method
org.apache.xml.utils.FastStringBuffer.append.   Xalan version 2.3.1
solves the NullPointerException problem but the performance of the
application degrades significantly.
       I am wondering whether I am missing some set up parameters that
cause Xalan to perform so poorly.
       Any comments or suggestions?

Matthew