Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 05:30:42 UTC

PodlingIP Clearance for Additional Code Donations

The process for accept a podling and the initial code base is pretty clear,
since it undergoes an IPMC vote.

But what happens when there are additional chunks of code donated during
incubation? Is that OK under the original IPMC vote and the grant just
needs recording with the secretary or should the podling follow the PMC ip
clearance process[1].

Seems strange to just see an email to the secretary and announcement that
the code is in the repository.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Niall

Re: PodlingIP Clearance for Additional Code Donations

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am asking what the process should be for a podling accepting further
> donations of code. Seems to me they should be following the normal IP
> process that a PMC would.

That's kind of what my reply was, wasn't it?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: PodlingIP Clearance for Additional Code Donations

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

#1 is an act that a company is performing it needs no permission from anybody
to decide that *it* wants to donate code to project $FOO. Just like you, Mr.
Individual contributor, need no permission from anybody to attach a patch to