Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr> on 2014/10/13 09:56:39 UTC

Re: Theme bootstrap

Hi Taher,

I think that we can use the OFBiz wiki to write the action plan and
tasks to do, etc.
I was thinking about regular webconf and we can be connected via jabber.

But maybe ofbiz dev use other collaborative tools ?

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Julien.

Le 13/10/2014 09:48, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Great! I'm rubbing hands in excitement. What is the next action now? open a JIRA, have a discussion on mailing list? Furthermore, such a project requires a lot of collaboration. Do we have a platform or a solution for easier collaboration on this project?
>
> Regards,
>
> Taher Alkhateeb

>>> approach:
>>> 1. Start with screen widgets - the widget-screen.xsd will need to be
>>> revisited to align this with the Bootstrap CSS (grid-system amongst
>>> others);
>>> 2. Form widgets - revisit widget-form.xsd;
>>> 3. Menus and navigation - widget-menu.xsd;

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Shi Jinghai <hu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Great move, count me in please.

Cheers,

Shi Jinghai

在 2014-10-13,下午3:56,Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr> 写道:

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Joanatan,

BTW, @All: I think we can start from the wiki page Nicolas updated (see below)

Unfortunately, like Jonatan, I will not be available much. I can help in the organisation though.

Jacques

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Gavin,

Le 27/10/2014 11:18, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
> Julien, Taher
>
> You're both making good points.  I like the generic approach proposed by
> Julien, but this could well be a longer term objective.  In fact starting
> with Bootstrap does not necessarily imply that other frameworks will be
> excluded. Also, inline with Adrian's comment, we should stay away from the
> core framework as far as possible for now and focus on the MacroLibraries
> as defined in widget.properties.  This is not to say that there will not be
> any modifications to the framework - there might well be.
> There is enough interest in Bootstrap to suggest that we start with it as a
> way forward.
I agree, create a new clean design pattern was a suggestion. When I
start bootstrap modifications, I don't think the team will grow as fast !
So for the first step we will focus on bootstrap and keep in mind about
others frameworks. Modifications must be done once. I mean if we change
something, take care to not do it specifically for bootstrap :)

> 1. I therefore agree with Taher that we create the following setup under
> the images app to begin with.
I'm not sure that putting bootstrap in the framework is a good thing.
Maybe it could be better to embedded bootstrap in the theme folder.
>    I believe that this will be within the
> frontendNewTheme branch alluded to by Jacques.
>
> bootstrap/
> ├── css/
> │   ├── bootstrap.css
> │   ├── bootstrap.min.css
> │   ├── bootstrap-theme.css
> │   └── bootstrap-theme.min.css
> ├── js/
> │   ├── bootstrap.js
> │   └── bootstrap.min.js
> └── fonts/
>      ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot
>      ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg
>      ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf
>      └── glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff
>
> 2. Create a new theme component as an Admin Template app - I suggest
> that we clone Tomahawk. Maybe we can call it Vanilla Bootstrap.
I prefer "Bootstrap basic" but that doesn't mind :)

> 3. Add screens and widgets to the new app - much like the current
> Example app.  This can be used as an admin template -See
> http://demo.onokumus.com/metis/.
>
> 4. Like the Example app we can use the Admin Template app to demo
> Ofbiz-Bootstrap.
I think it's a good idea, it could be very useful !

> 5.  The Admin Template app is used in the normal way, i.e, create jiras etc.
+1

Regards,

Julien.

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Gavin Mabie <kw...@gmail.com>.
Julien, Taher

You're both making good points.  I like the generic approach proposed by
Julien, but this could well be a longer term objective.  In fact starting
with Bootstrap does not necessarily imply that other frameworks will be
excluded. Also, inline with Adrian's comment, we should stay away from the
core framework as far as possible for now and focus on the MacroLibraries
as defined in widget.properties.  This is not to say that there will not be
any modifications to the framework - there might well be.
There is enough interest in Bootstrap to suggest that we start with it as a
way forward.

1. I therefore agree with Taher that we create the following setup under
the images app to begin with.  I believe that this will be within the

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hi Taher,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien, everyone!

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Florient <fl...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Julien, Adrian, Community,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 23/10/2014 10:52, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Tja....
>
> We have to make due with what we have got.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4446 I don't think the infra would be willing to install a workaround plugin

Jacques

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Tja....

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre, All,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by pierre <pi...@nereide.biz>.
Hi all,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hi Taher,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Looks like a very professional approach.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Le 21/10/2014 17:26, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :

> Le 21/10/2014 16:50, Julien NICOLAS a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> Le 21/10/2014 11:29, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> Hi Julien,

>>> It's there
>>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/branches/frontendNewTheme2013-05-10/
>>>
>> Yes, I've downloaded this branch as you told me but after building,
>> load demo data and lauching, I still can't see any modifications in
>> the front-end... I never use front-end so maybe I didn't use the good
>> path... (http://localhost:8080/ecommerce/)
>
> You are right Julien, I did not check. I created this branch in May
> 2013 (IIRW at Jonatan's - and others - request) but nothing happened
> since. SO it's simply trunk the 10th May 2013 :/
> Can still be useful if we update it?
>
> The creation comment was
> <<Following the thread "Converting frontend themes to Twitter
> Bootstrap" here is a new branch for that.
> Actually the thread subject was misleading since we agreed that
> Twitter Bootstrap is not the only solution.
> The idea is though to introduce and use a HTML5/CSS framework,
> Bootstrap, H5Boilerplate and Zurb Foundation will be tried in the
> process...
> So I changed the thread subject to Converting frontend themes using
> HTML5/CSS framework/s.>>
yes, I have the same idea. The problem is not to integrate bootstrap,
it's to create tools in the OFBiz framework that allow to use any
HTML5/CSS frameworks.
I've encountered problems to integrate bootstrap (the first one was the
submenu structure) but I'm quite sure that it's the same with other
HTML5/CSS frameworks.
We have to think on how we can customize div container and class to use
several HTML5/CSS frameworks without modifying OFBiz framework.

I don't know how to use a specific branch to work with a team (I work
daily with the addon manager) but if you can explain how to have commit
right... or explain me how to share source code with a specific branch.

Thanks,

Julien.

Re: Theme bootstrap

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.