Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com> on 2012/07/19 11:57:07 UTC

Date of httpd releases and CHANGES file

Greetings,

The CHANGES file does not describe the date of each release in its
content. (example : http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.4 )

Currently, it seems to me the way to find out when httpd-2.4.X was
released is to look for "last modified" date of files at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/ or to browse the mailing list
archives.

I tend to find this is missing, and would like to suggest that we add a
date, inside the CHANGES file, at the time a release is decided.
I suppose there is no need to add dates of past releases, but maybe it
would just be nice to add dates for releases that will be coming ?

Regards,

gryzor
Vincent Deffontaines

--
"I never look behind me, my troubles will be few"
Supertramp

Re: Date of httpd releases and CHANGES file

Posted by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com>.
On 19/07/2012 12:01, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2012, at 11:57 AM, Vincent Deffontaines wrote:
>
>> The CHANGES file does not describe the date of each release in its
>> content. (example : http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.4 )
>>
>> Currently, it seems to me the way to find out when httpd-2.4.X was
>> released is to look for "last modified" date of files at
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/ or to browse the mailing list
>> archives.
>
> The STATUS file inside each release gives this information:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

Excellent that information is available. Sorry I didn't see it before
posting.
I still find it is "not easy" to find for people on the website, and
that the date of each release either be added to the CHANGES file or
that the STATUS file be linked for each branch from httpd.a.o , like the
CHANGES file is.

Vincent

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.