Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2005/04/11 09:18:57 UTC

mailer.py compatibility

Isn't is a little weird to have a "1.1-style propchange" invocation syntax,
although 1.2 mailer.py requires the 1.2 python bindings?

Max.

Re: mailer.py compatibility

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* "Max Bowsher" <ma...@ukf.net> wrote:

> Isn't is a little weird to have a "1.1-style propchange" invocation syntax,
> although 1.2 mailer.py requires the 1.2 python bindings?

I don't think so. Otherwise you would need to update all post-revprop-change hooks
calling mailer.py immediately after an upgrade (which is now not *necessary* at all,
if you don't want the new feature).

Btw, while talking about compatibility, there's just another issue, which will disturb
people: show_nonmatching_paths defaulting to yes.
It will change the mailer output after an upgrade to 1.2. I'd like to suggest an
argument "ignore" to that option (not mentioning different paths than the selected
at all) and make that default instead of yes.

nd

Re: mailer.py compatibility

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Max Bowsher wrote:

> Isn't is a little weird to have a "1.1-style propchange" invocation
> syntax, although 1.2 mailer.py requires the 1.2 python bindings?

No, because without the "1.1-style propchange", you'd have to update
your hook scripts to match the new mailer.py command line. If a user
updates his/hers rpms (or whatever), we don't want them to have to
update the post-revprop-change hook scripts for all their repositories.

/Tobias