Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Kluft <ik...@cisco.com> on 1997/06/09 13:02:47 UTC

[2.0 API] update to "apigen" script

I'm making progress with my prototype of an extensible API for Apache 2.0.
The goal behind this is to make an architecture to handle the numerous API
extensions that people are requesting/suggesting for their proposed new
features for 2.0.

The "apigen" program can now define API interfaces with data in addition
to the functions it was doing before.  The idea was to get it to the point
the structures and templates it generates can be configured to be
equivalent to the contents of the current module structure.

That's basically done now.  It's probably time to stop and ask for more
comments because the next step is to start gluing it into a copy of the
server source.

The details are at
   http://www.employees.org/~ikluft/apache/flex-api-proposal.html

The sample "apigen" package is at
   http://www.employees.org/~ikluft/apache/apigen.tgz
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA