Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr> on 2005/07/22 14:46:03 UTC

[Views]
strange behaviour

Hi,

    I am currently creating templates in order to have pelt skin in a
view site.
    I just met a strange behavior :

    * If a template embedded by a hook is empty - this is my case for
      sub-tabs, the generated hook is :
          o <div name="tabsLevel2" />
    * But this is neither well interpreted by firefox nor by IE - they
      don't understand the div closure...
    * I add a <span> in my template in order to generate this :
    * Then it' OK in both browsers.

    So I'm not blocked, but can we change the hook generation in order
to generate :

    * <div name="tabsLevel2"></div>

    Rather than :

    * <div name="tabsLevel2" />

    If a template does not generate anything...

--

Cordialement,
Cyriaque,

Re: [Views]
strange behaviour

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Yes I will put it on my todo list. ;-)

Just came from the airport.

salu2

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:46 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am currently creating templates in order to have pelt skin in a
> view site.
>     I just met a strange behavior :
>
>     * If a template embedded by a hook is empty - this is my case for
>       sub-tabs, the generated hook is :
>           o <div name="tabsLevel2" />
>     * But this is neither well interpreted by firefox nor by IE - they
>       don't understand the div closure...
>     * I add a <span> in my template in order to generate this :
>     * Then it' OK in both browsers.
>
>     So I'm not blocked, but can we change the hook generation in order
> to generate :
>
>     * <div name="tabsLevel2"></div>
>
>     Rather than :
>
>     * <div name="tabsLevel2" />
>
>     If a template does not generate anything...

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)