Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/03 15:19:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.9

Hi folks,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.9 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.9-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1195

The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345722

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1195</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.9

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 16:20, Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.9 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1195
>
> The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345722
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
> your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1195</url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

+1

I checked things out like so:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archives.
- Ran the build + tests with "mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false" on JDK 8.
- Started a broker using the binary archive, created queue with the console.
- Ran the Qpid JMS master HelloWorld example against the broker.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.9

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

* verified signatures and checksums
* built and ran tests from source bundle
* started broker
* used web management console to create and bind queue
* ran HelloWorld examples with JMS clients for AMQP 0-x and AMQP 1.0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/04/2020 4:19 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.9 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.9-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1195
>
> The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345722

+1, verified signature and checksum, built from source including all
tests, ran qpid::messaging examples over 0-10 and 1.0 against it.