Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tomek Rej <to...@roamz.com> on 2011/10/26 04:30:15 UTC

Error loading ICUTokenizerFactory

Hi everyone

I'm getting an exception when trying to use the solr.ICUTokenizerFactory:
   SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class
'solr.ICUTokenizerFactory'

The code in the schema.xml that isn't working is:
    <fieldType name="text_en_splitting" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
    <analyzer type="index">
      <tokenizer class="solr.ICUTokenizerFactory"/>
    </analyzer>

I copied the jar files found in contrib/analysis-extras/lib and
contrib/analysis-extras/lucene-lib/lucene-libs to the solr/lib directory of
my project,
which is what I assume you have to do from reading some posts I found
online. However I must be doing something wrong as I'm getting the error
even with the jar files in my solr/lib directory.

When the above didn't work I tried changing solrconfig.xml to add extra lib
directives:
<lib dir="../../contrib/analysis-extras/lib" />
<lib dir="../../contrib/analysis-extras/lucene-libs" />

When I read the output on the command line it said the class loader was able
to load the jar files but I still got the same error loading class
'solr.ICUTokenizerFactory'

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

--

*Tomek Rej** *| Developer

*roamz**
**23 Foster Street*
*Surry Hills NSW 2010 Australia***
*M* +61 431 829 593
*E* tomek.rej <to...@roamz.com>@roamz.com <to...@roamz.com>*
***

Re: Error loading ICUTokenizerFactory

Posted by Tomek Rej <to...@roamz.com>.
Looks like another person had the same problem as me.
The solution to the issue can be found here:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-3-1-ICU-filters-error-loading-class-td2835323.html

Perhaps the person in charge of the documentation could add apache-solr
-analysis-extras-X.Y.jar as a requirement.