Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <am...@apache.org> on 2010/01/06 09:46:49 UTC

Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Cayenne 3.0 Release Candidate 1 has arrived. We are well on the track for a final release very soon now. In fact there are no known issues at all which haven't been already fixed for the upcoming next release candidate.

A few fixes have been made between beta 1 and RC1 and you can see them here:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY/fixforversion/12314338

It is currently expected that RC2 will be the final release for Cayenne 3, unless something unexpected turns up. We've said it before, but now is really a good time for you to try Cayenne 3 in your project. If you want a team of motivated developers to quickly jump on any issues you find, you need to tell us as soon as possible so we can address it before the release.

An overview of the major changes in 3.0 is available:

   http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html

We have a simple upgrade guide for users of previous releases:

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/tags/3.0RC1/docs/doc/src/main/resources/UPGRADE.txt

Please give Cayenne 3 a spin. It will make your programming work 28% more enjoyable...

   http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Posted by Laurent Marchal <lm...@smausa.com>.
Let me know if I can help you on this one.

Thanks for your hard work.

Re: Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 6/01/10 8:18 PM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:
> Great news guys, thanks for all the hard work. Will there be any publicity
> push or will this wait for 3.0 final?

The final release....

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great news guys, thanks for all the hard work. Will there be any publicity
push or will this wait for 3.0 final?

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Cayenne 3.0 RC1 released

Posted by Laurent Marchal <lm...@smausa.com>.