Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Josh Ferguson <jo...@besquared.net> on 2008/12/02 07:04:25 UTC

Significance of metastore_db

One more thing, can someone explain to me what metastore_db is and
what its significance is, apparently if I run hive from separate
places certain instances can find some tables and some can't. I'm
assuming this metastore_db is supposed to be shared around, and this
it is updated at some point and maintained somehow? Can someone
explain this piece of the architecture to me?

Josh

Re: Significance of metastore_db

Posted by Josh Ferguson <jo...@besquared.net>.
Wow, the readme, I deserve a "RTMF", thanks..:)

For future googlers the answer is:

<property>
   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
   <value>jdbc:derby:;databaseName=/path/to/my/
metastore_db;create=true</value>
   <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

in conf/hive-site.xml

Josh Ferguson

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.