Posted to user@storm.apache.org by laeeq ahmed <la...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2014/08/22 01:05:01 UTC

working with external timestamps

Hi,

I have been using Apache spark, but spark does not support external timestamps and gives timestamsp to data as soon as it enters spark system. Does storm support external timestamps i.e. actual timestamps that come with datapoints.

Regards,
Laeeq

Re: working with external timestamps

Posted by laeeq ahmed <la...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi,

Some more questions.

I have to make windows and for each window I need to calculate different stats.

1. Does storm manages if data comes out of order?
2. Can I have windows with same number of data points? or you can say window by size.

I am new to storm so links to some relevant examples would be great.

Regards,
Laeeq

On Friday, 22 August 2014, 1:29, Miloš Solujić <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Laeeq,