Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Wang, Fred LDB:EX" <fr...@bcldb.com> on 2017/12/20 00:33:57 UTC

multitenancy

Hi All,

Our company has chosen Ofbiz as our ecommerce/erp platform. We are having difficulties to understand and configure the multi-tenancy.

Our plan is as below, it's kind of like Amazon/eBay model.

1.  Each tenant will have their own front store, say tenant A will have a front store a.example.com; document says it's supported out of box, but I cannot find any doc that describes how to setup.

2.  The master front store is the overall front store, say example.com, which can display products from any tenants. Users have to go through master store to get to tenant stores. They will be redirected to master store if they go to tenant store directly. This may not be out of box, can someone shed a light how big the change is?

3.  Tenant stores can be embedded in overall store. One can image the upper part of the home page shows the promotions from some tenant stores, the lower part shows the entry point of specific tenant stores. I think if 2 can be done, this one will be relatively simple.

4.  Sales order can include products from different tenant. Here comes order split and aggregation, I don't think it's out of box.

5.  The sales orders are fulfilled by tenants, but the money has to be received by master first, then transferred to tenant after fee. Again, I do think it's out of box.

As many have reported, the documentation is short, outdated and duplicated. It's pretty hard to follow documents to do the setup and development.

It's greatly appreciated if anyone can recommend some training courses, video or consulting service.

Fred Wang

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Fred,

Good to know that your tenant setup is up and running. Yes, you may need
some customization to achieve your business use case.

As an additional note, for accessing specific tenant data from the master,
you will need to pass tenantId as a request parameter.

--
Thanks & Regards
---

HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.

www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Fred Wang <fr...@nugraviton.com>.

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Fred,

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Fred Wang <fr...@nugraviton.com>.

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Fred,

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Fred Wang <fr...@nugraviton.com>.

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Fred,

Re: multitenancy

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Refer below links to enable multi tenant feature  in OOTB