Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net> on 2001/07/27 18:22:53 UTC

the suexec problem yesterday

OK, I know exactly what happened yesterday with the bug db and suexec on
daedalus.  There's no code problem; it was my fault.  I did "make clean"
in selected directories, to avoid rebuilding the whole thing after only
minor changes, and missed the os directory.

os/unixd/unixd.c uses a #define SUEXEC_BIN which is the path to the
suexec binary.  That was not recompiled, so the httpd binary ended up
pointing to the old install directory, which I nuked right before the
problem started.

Sorry for the outage and for the confusion.

Greg