Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leonardo Otoni de Assis <le...@powerlogic.com.br> on 2005/05/17 18:25:05 UTC

how to use -server parameter in service.bat (tomcat559)

  Can use the -server parameter (jvm 5) in the service.bat of the tomcat559?

  I try use this parameter but receive errors after startup of service Apache Tomcat with the message in event viewer of windows2000: "The Apache Tomcat service terminated with service-specific error 0. "

  Thanks,

  Leonardo Otoni de Assis
  Powerlogic Consultoria e Sistemas S.A.
  Tel: (31) 3286-1691 Fax: (31) 3286-1631
  www.powerlogic.com.br

Re: how to use -server parameter in service.bat (tomcat559)

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Leonardo Otoni de Assis wrote:
> Mladen,
>
> I do the copy  of server sub-directory  in the jvm directory to the jre
> directoy. See:
>
>  jvm directory
> D:\Powerlogic\jdk1.5.0_02\jre\bin\server (with the jvm.dll);
>
> copy to:
> C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin
>
> when install the service again:
> D:\Powerlogic\tomcat559\bin>service install
> Installing the service 'Tomcat5' ...
> Using CATALINA_HOME:    d:\Powerlogic\tomcat559
> Using JAVA_HOME:        D:\Powerlogic\jdk1.5.0_02
> Using JVM:              D:\Powerlogic\jdk1.5.0_02\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Ok so he is using server jvm.

> The service 'Tomcat5' has been installed.
>
> The error persist after startup the service Apache Tomcat, the  message is
> the same: "The Apache Tomcat service terminated with service-specific error
> 0. "

Do not use -server param. This is an option for java.exe
(Sun's java application launcher) to differentiate the jvm used.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: how to use -server parameter in service.bat (tomcat559)

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.