Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kirill Maximov <ki...@actimind.com> on 2003/01/26 14:57:17 UTC

How to get IP address Tomcat bound to.

  I have a programming question - how can I get
  the IP address the TomCat is bound to ? Is this possible?

  I suppose, I have to use some internal TomCat API here ..

  With kind regards,
  Kirill Maximov

--
Kirill Maximov aka KIR
kir@maxkir.com | http://www.maxkir.com/

Re: How to get IP address Tomcat bound to.

Posted by Kirill Maximov <ki...@actimind.com>.
On  0, Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> At 1/26/2003 04:57 PM, you wrote:
> >  I have a programming question - how can I get
> >  the IP address the TomCat is bound to ? Is this possible?
> >
> >  I suppose, I have to use some internal TomCat API here ..
> >
> >  With kind regards,
> >  Kirill Maximov
>
> Not sure if I understand your question, but will this work for you from w/i
> a servlet or other class running under Tomcat?
>
>    String ipaddr = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress();

  Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for!

--
Kirill Maximov aka KIR

Re: How to get IP address Tomcat bound to.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Kirill Maximov wrote:

> Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:57:17 +0300
> From: Kirill Maximov <ki...@actimind.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: How to get IP address Tomcat bound to.
>
>   I have a programming question - how can I get
>   the IP address the TomCat is bound to ? Is this possible?
>
>   I suppose, I have to use some internal TomCat API here ..

How Tomcat binds is based on the parameters to the attributes of your
<Connector> element.  By default, it will bind on all attached IP
addresses, but you can limit it to one by using an "address" attribute on
the <Connector> -- see the config docs for more:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/

There is no portable API to retrieve this information from a servlet,
however.

On a given request, you can ask which address the request was received on
by calling request.getServerAddr().

>   With kind regards,
>   Kirill Maximov

Craig

Re: How to get IP address Tomcat bound to.

Posted by Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net>.