Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lorenzo Nicora <lo...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/16 10:58:35 UTC

Hadoop FS when running standalone

Hi

I need to run my streaming job as a *standalone* Java application, for
testing
The job uses the Hadoop S3 FS and I need to test it (not a unit test).

The job works fine when deployed (I am using AWS Kinesis Data Analytics, so
Flink 1.8.2)

I have *org.apache.flink:flink-s3-fs-hadoop* as a "compile" dependency.

For running standalone, I have a Maven profile adding dependencies that are
normally provided (
*org.apache.flink:flink-java*, *org.apache.flink:flink-streaming-java_2.11*,
*org.apache.flink:flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11*,
*org.apache.flink:flink-connector-filesystem_2.11*) but I keep getting the
error "Hadoop is not in the classpath/dependencies" and it does not work.
I tried adding *org.apache.flink:flink-hadoop-fs* with no luck

What dependencies am I missing?

Cheers
Lorenzo

Re: Hadoop FS when running standalone

Posted by Lorenzo Nicora <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alessandro,

I think I solved it.
I cannot set any HADOOP_HOME as I have no Hadoop installed on the machine
running my tests.
But adding *org.apache.flink:flink-shaded-hadoop-2:2.8.3-10.0* as a compile
dependency to the Maven profile building the standalone version fixed the
issue.

Lorenzo

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lorenzo,