Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl> on 2009/08/12 10:16:59 UTC

Wicketstuff releases?

Hello,

Now that Wicket 1.4.0 is out, I wonder which wicketstuff core version is
compatible. There is no 1.4.0 version of wicketstuff core (yet?). Should I
use 1.4-rc8-SNAPSHOT?

I guess http://sourceforge.net/projects/wicket-stuff/files/ is no longer in
use.

Regards,
   Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/

Re: Wicketstuff core 1.4.0 release preparations

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Yes, that did it. Running the dryRun in
wicket-stuff/wicketstuff-core/yui-parent/yui succeeds. I repeated this
for yui-examples.

yui-parent, yui and yui-examples are ready to go!

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten

Re: Wicketstuff core 1.4.0 release preparations

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Igor,

release:prepare automatically also does clean and package.

--
Erik van Oosten

Re: Wicketstuff core 1.4.0 release preparations

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
The release:prepare will also check if there are no SNAPSHOT
dependencies IIRC, or turn them into timestamped dependencies. If mvn
install works, then yui-parent is good to go I think.

Martijn

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Erik van Oosten<e....@grons.nl> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I am afraid I do not understand what to do. I set out to test the yui-parent
> module:
>
> I can confirm that /yui-parent/ builds fine (with +mvn install+). Yeah!
>
> However, +mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true+ executed in the yui-parent
> sub-directory just downloads a yui snapshot instead of compiling it localy.
> Running it one directory up fails because prepare:release does not accept
> diffs with the SCM and I changed the wicketstuff-code pom (I commented out
> all modules except for yui-parent).
>
> What else can I do? Or must one do the whole thing at once?
>
> BTW, should wicketstuff-core not change from 1.4-SNAPSHOT to 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT?
>
> Regards,
>    Erik.
>

> Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
>>
>> To those who have written me volunteering to help: thank you.  I will
>> try to do the release this weekend.  Here's what you can do to help
>> before then.
>>
>> 1 - check out wicketstuff-core trunk
>> 2 - change the wicket dependencies from snapshot to 1.4.0 (note: only
>> do this locally - don't commit that change - since trunk should run on
>> trunk)
>> 3 - build it to make sure it all works
>> 4 - test the release process by doing following:
>>
>> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
>>
>> If all of that is working fine (no build errors, etc), then let the
>> list know.  That will make it much easier to do the release.  And I'll
>> try to document the process so that someone else can perform the next
>> one easier.
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy Thomerson
>> http://www.wickettraining.com
>>

> --
> Erik van Oosten
> http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0

Wicketstuff core 1.4.0 release preparations

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>wrote:

> Maarten, you just beated me to it.
>
> Is the jazzyplugin still needed after your changes?

Hi Erik,

I did not try to remove the dependency, so it's still needed.
I just downloaded the jar and installed in my local maven repo.

Maarten

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.

--
Erik van Oosten

Wicketstuff core 1.4.0 release preparations

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi,

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Dane Laverty <da...@gmail.com>.
I followed your instructions. When I ran the mvn release:prepare, I was
asked several dozen times about versions, to which I responded with whatever
Maven's default choice was. Then there was a lot more output, and finally it
failed with an OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space. I know that's not very
helpful to you -- do you know what I can do to increase the memory available
to Maven?

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@wickettraining.com

RE: 1.4 ModalWindow closes on second submit attempt in FireFox

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
When I add each individual child oft he Form to the AjaxRequestTarget's Components by

	Iterator<? extends Component> it = form.iterator();
	while (it.hasNext())
		Component c = it.next();
		if (c.getOutputMarkupId() && c.isVisible())
			target.addComponent(c);

Everything works too. So this could be a workaround for me. But is this the inteded way?

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

svn co
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/sandbox/maarten/wicketstuff-core-1.4.0.0/
mvn clean package release:prepare -DdryRun=true -DreleaseVersion=1.4.0.0
-DdevelopmentVersion=1.4.0.1-SNAPSHOT

=> BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Let me know if I can test something else.

Maarten

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I think too that 1.4.1.X is the best.

I'd be happy to volunteer but am swamped with work. Thanks for the
good work so far..

regards Nino

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Apparently my statements didn't provide the correct context. s/Wicket
Stuff/Wicket Stuff Core/g

I'm not talking about dropping code into sf.net's svn repository. I'm
talking about cutting releases. This is and has been a problem for
Wicket Stuff projects. Like it or not, Wicket Stuff as a whole is a
code dumping ground. Unless you release your code, it isn't finished.
I've yet to see consistent releases being performed by any of the
projects. My observation may be "Not constructive" but it is a fact.

The Wicket Stuff Core project is one of best things that happened to
Wicket Stuff, and I give Jeremy my fullest support in organizing those
projects in anyway he can. He has asked the community how to cut
releases. The community answered and the answer was to follow Wicket
releases. There's good reasoning behind this decision. There is little
to support the notion that more releases are necessary or even
warranted. Yes if your particular project inside Wicket Stuff Core has
a bug fix and the release takes a while it is a drag. But consider the
fact that if you have your code in good shape, you get releases *for
free*!

If you want to have your own release schedule, don't put your project
inside the Wicket Stuff Core projects, and go ahead to perform your
own releases. It's that simple. And if that is "my way or the highway"
then so be it. Wicket Stuff Core is for projects that want to adhere
to the Wicket Stuff Core rules, set forward by the guy that is
actually doing the work. Respect the time of the guy performing the
release, don't add unnecessary time or procedures to his schedule and
ensure your code is in optimal shape *ALWAYS*.

I find it much more constructive to enable Jeremy to have to jump
through as few hoops as possible, than to add more hoops. I don't like
to spend other people's free time. If you think that is "Not
Constructive" so be it.

Martijn

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Martijn,

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
And thats suffix not suffic..

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-tp.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 12, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:

>>> Now that Wicket 1.4.0 is out, I wonder which wicketstuff core
>>> version is
>>> compatible. There is no 1.4.0 version of wicketstuff core (yet?).
>>> Should I
>>> use 1.4-rc8-SNAPSHOT?
>
> It should be just 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  1.4-rc8-SNAPSHOT was an accidental
> relic of after I built rc8
>
>> Side note:  I don't see the version of wicket-stuff has to match
>> exactly
>> with version of wicket ?
>> Suppose someone releases wicketstuff-core-1.4.0 today, and tomorrow
>> some
>> bugs are fixed in wicketstuff-core, then we can't release these bug-
>> fixes
>> until wicket 1.4.1 is out ?
>>
>> IMO, wicket is just a dependency of wicketstuff-code (as defoined
>> in the
>> pom) and both projects should use their own unrelated version
>> numbers.
>>
>> wdyt ?
>
> When I setup wicketstuff-core, I proposed that we structure it to have
> identical releases to Wicket.  The community agreed.  I still think
> this should be the case.

I agree.  I also like the idea of monthly wicketstuff "release" builds.

I'm not sure this would work, but perhaps we could have each month
release everything in wicketstuff-core with the wicket dependency
pointed to the latest stable wicket release.  If any project fails to
build with the latest stable release (say it depends on 1.5, not
1.4.0) that is fine, but it will not get a monthly release.

just brainstorming...

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Maarten,

> AFAIK wicketstuff-core trunk is compatible with wicket 1.4.0

Yes, I know. But my client is not really happy about using trunk/snapshots
in a production system. And frankly, neither am I. I love snapshot
releases, but if I can prevent the extra steps needed to use them in
production I would.

> Side note:  I don't see the version of wicket-stuff has to match exactly
> with version of wicket ?
> Suppose someone releases wicketstuff-core-1.4.0 today, and tomorrow some
> bugs are fixed in wicketstuff-core, then we can't release these bug-fixes
> until wicket 1.4.1 is out ?

I agree. Its just that right now there is no release at all.
As soon as there are more releases of the wicketstuff-core projects and/or
wicket, it makes sense to start a compatibility matrix.

BTW, I don't really care if wicketstuff-core is completely 100% stable, it
will never be. Promoting every first snapshot of the month to a release is
good enough for me.

Regards,
    Erik.

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Wicketstuff releases?

Posted by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>.
By the way:

Wicketstuff contains an old repository definition that should be removed
(in input-events).

Thanks,

Johannes

Re: Wicketstuff releases?